AFT Construction Podcast
Shifting from Journalist to Luxury Interior Design with Jaimee Rose Interiors
Today Brad speaks with Jaimee Rose. She heads Jaimee Rose Interiors, an Arizona-based full-service interior design company focused on the construction, remodeling, and furnishing of luxury residences across the country. In this conversation, we take a dive down memory lane to talk about how a career in broadcast journalism catapulted Jaimee into interior design. This episode is brought to you by Sub-Zero, Wolf, & Cove
One of the main themes of this discussion is the importance of confidence as a practitioner in the industry. A great interior designer is confident that their vision and skillset can create a beautiful home.
One of the challenges is getting clients to trust their designer’s process. Jaimee gets up close and personal with clients from the beginning, conducting anywhere between six-to-ten design meetings depending on the scale of the project. This goal to “freak out” clients with her level of detail and organization demonstrates Jaimee’s value as their designer from the get-go.
Listen in as Jaimee goes on to share how her skills as a journalist transfer over to her new career as an interior designer; her approach to hiring, training, and educating talent; how she uses social media and connects with influential designers around the country; and how she learned the ins-and-outs of business and finance in the interior design industry.
Sponsored by Sub-Zero, Wolf, & Cove. CLICK HERE TO LOCATE A SHOWROOM NEAR YOU!
- [03:45] Scaling the business and why Jaimee conducts up to ten design meetings
- [07:50] How Jaimee helps clients understand the value she is delivering as a designer
- [12:10] Building confidence as an interior designer
- [15:32] Managing a design business while being available to clients at the same time
- [17:30] Training and educating the team at Jaimee Rose Interiors
- [21:31] How Jaimee stays on top of the latest trends and best practices in the industry
- [24:38] Jaimee’s approach to hiring
- [27:49] Getting clients to trust you as their designer
- [31:15] How Jaimee Rose Interiors uses social media and connects with influencers
- [36:57] The beginnings of Jaimee’s interior design career
- [42:14] How designers, builders, and architects can strengthen relationships with clients
- [45:37] Allotting time during the week to focus only on the business side of things
- [47:30] The most stressful things about running a company for Jaimee
- [52:15] Why Jaimee thinks that interior design is easier than journalism
- [56:30] Jaimee’s least favorite part about interior design
Connect with Jaimee Rose:
Connect with Brad Leavitt:
Key Quotes by Jaimee Rose:
- Building a house is hard and it stresses people out. One of the biggest skills that you can bring a client as a designer is utter and complete confidence.
- All businesses are about people. When you really focus on people, that makes you more interesting to them and more valuable to them because they know that you’re totally focused on their needs at all times.
- When you have an architect and a builder and a designer all working together as partners who trust each other and admire each other, you get the very best result.