AFT Construction Podcast
Dr. Leila Peterson of Prescribed Health & Beauty
Dr. Leila Peterson is the founder of Prescribed Health and Beauty as well as Prescribed Design. She is a business owner who only recently relocated her medical practice from San Antonio, Texas to Gilbert, Arizona.
Dr. Leila Peterson is the founder of Prescribed Health and Beauty as well as Prescribed Design. She is a business owner who only recently relocated her medical practice from San Antonio, Texas to Gilbert, Arizona in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
Leila speaks on how she managed the many factors involved in building a company while making this crucial transition in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. These factors, which she discusses in-depth in this episode, include marketing, networking, hiring, purchasing, doing a construction buildout, tenant improvements, and more.
- 03:38 The biggest challenge involved in moving the business to Gilbert
- 04:31 Building a network from scratch in a new environment
- 07:18 Dealing with the construction of a new facility during the pandemic
- 10:29 Leila’s tenant improvement (TI) experience
- 14:47 Why Leila and her husband decided to move to a new location
- 17:54 Building your client base
- 24:18 How Leila defines great customer service
- 26:52 Making sure your clients’ needs are adequately met
- 28:27 How often Leila trains her team
- 30:40 The benefits of collaborating with other medical providers and educating clients
- 34:07 Dealing with negativity online
- 38:40 Establishing your brand and hiring best practices
- 41:58 How much people usually spend on botox
- 44:02 Using social media content to further educate patients on diet
- 46:38 How often families should visit their clinic and age/gender-specific must-knows
- 49:06 Working around limitations brought on by COVID-19 regarding meeting patients
- 52:14 Leila’s vision for her practice in 2021
- 55:37 Which social media platform Leila finds the most success on
- 57:23 What to expect from Prescribed Health in the coming months
Connect with Guest:
Connect with Brad Leavitt:
Resources & People Mentioned:
Key Quotes from Episode:
- Customer service is all about how you make someone feel and the value you provide.
- If I can provide excellent customer service and good bedside manner, people want to come back to see me or share things with me that they may be uncomfortable sharing with someone else.
- I use social media to educate and provide value to my clients.
- Obesity is the leading cause of so many things, including anxiety and depression. It’s a big problem facing society and we need to get a handle on it.
- In any business, if you can show clients your process, then they’ll realize and become more comfortable with what they’re getting into.